MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PURLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL,

HELD IN THE WELLS PAVILION, HOWE GREEN ROAD,

ON FRIDAY, 13th APRIL 2018, AT 7.00 P.M.

 

Members present: Mr. N. Arthur (Chairman), Mr. C. Ash, Mr. S. Bardwell, Mr. B. Oliver, Mr. S. Potter, Mr. G. Rayner, Mr. G. Strathern.

 

Also in attendance: Mrs. Jane Potter (Clerk).

 

Mr. John Archer and Miss Sue White (District Council Ward Members) attended the public session prior to the start of the meeting.

 

The meeting was not attended by any members of the public.

 

1/04/18 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

Apologies were received from Mrs. Penny Channer (County Council Ward Member) who had a prior civic commitment.

 

2/04/18 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS (Localism Act 2011)

 

There were no new declarations of interest made, nor were there any applications for dispensations from the provisions of the Localism Act 2011.

 

3/04/18 THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF PURLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 9TH MARCH 2018 having been circulated to all Members, were approved, and then signed by the Chairman.

 

4/04/18 TO DISCUSS ANY MATTERS OF INFORMATION ARISING FROM THOSE MINUTES:

 

4.1/04/18 Clerk: The Clerk did not have any matters arising from the March 2018 Parish Council meeting to report to Members.

 

4.2/04/18 Members’: Members did not have any matters arising from the March 2018 Parish Council meeting to discuss.

5/04/18 PLANNING MATTERS

 

5.1/04/18 Decisions taken between meetings: FUL/MAL/18/00288 Installation of a step lift. Raised platform with guard rails, base and landing platform for steplift, concrete path around platform and steplift base. Widening of existing entrance door opening and fitting new entrance door and frame. 9, The Glebe, Purleigh.

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

5.2/04/18 Current applications: HOUSE/MAL/18/00287 Single storey rear extension to replace existing conservatory, Creran. The Street.

The Parrish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

5.3/03/18 Notification of appeals: Members noted that the Parish Council had not been notified of any new Appeals or Appeal decisions between meetings.

 

5.4/04/18 Maldon District Council planning decisions: Members noted that Maldon District Council had approved the following planning applications:

 

  • FUL/MAL/17/01475 Conversion of existing building to dwelling. The Stable at Pale Pitt Farm, Latchingdon Road.

  • HOUSE/MAL/18/00133 Proposed garage in place of approved stables (16/01061/FUL). Stable at Purleigh Grange, Chelmsford Road.

  • FUL/MAL/18/00145 and LBC/MAL/18/00146 Proposed extension to existing public house with internal alterations and replacement doors and windows. The Bell Public House, The Street.

 

And had REFUSED to grant planning permission for the following development:

  • HOUSE/MAL/17/01489 Retrospective application for boundary wall. Primrose, Howe Green Road.

  • FUL/MAL/17/01259 Two replacement dwellings, Brook House, Spar Lane.

  • HOUSE/MAL/18/00048 Part two storey, part single storey rear extension. 57 The Glebe.

 

It was agreed to write to the Planning Authority regarding FUL/MAL/17/01259, asking Officers to investigate the recent creation of what appeared to be a new entrance point via the hedge, which now had a significant hole in it and copy the letter to the District Council’s Tree Officer.

 

5.5/04/18 Other planning matters: Parish trigger: Members noted the contents of a letter from Joy Darby (CEO, Essex Association of Local Councils) to Clerks, Chairmen and Parish and Town Councillors in the District in support of the retention of the parish trigger, which had given Parish Councils the right to have a planning application determined by Committee if their recommendation differed from that of District Council Planning Officers.

 

Members also noted the contents of a letter from the Chairman of Maldon Town Council’s Planning Committee responding to Joy Darby’s correspondence, in which he welcomed the EALC’s support for the retention of the parish trigger and accepted the organisation’s offer to mediate with Maldon District Council on behalf of the Town Council.

 

It was agreed to write to Joy Darby, thanking her and accepting her offer to liaise with Maldon District Council regarding the recent changes to planning procedures for Parish Councils. In the letter the Clerk would detail the reasons for Purleigh Parish Council’s objections to the removal of the parish trigger and the withdrawal of paper plans and would copy this correspondence to Maldon Town Council, the Dengie Hundred Group of Parish Councils and local Member of Parliament the Rt. Hon John Whittingdale MP.

 

Members also noted the contents of a letter from Councillor Wendy Stamp, (Chairman, Dengie Hundred Group of Parish Councils) to Maldon District Council asking the Authority to reverse its decision not to provide paper copies of planning applications to Parish and Town Councils from 1st April 2018.

 

The Dengie Hundred Group of Parish Councils had appealed to its member Councils to keep up the pressure on Maldon District Council to try to restore its previous planning procedures.

 

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government – National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) consultation proposals: The Parish Council considered a consultation paper from The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on proposed changes to the NPPF.

 

It was agreed not to make a formal response to the consultation paper.

 

North Western Area Planning Committee: Members noted that the Parish Council had been invited to send a representative to speak at the North Western Area Planning Committee held on 3rd April 2018 on the following planning applications:

  • FUL/MAL/17/01475 Conversion of existing building to dwelling. The Stable at Pale Pitt Farm, Latchingdon Road, Purleigh.

  • OUT/MAL/18/00111 The demolition of existing outbuilding and erection of a detached 2 bedroom bungalow. Land adjacent to Tye Meadow, Spar Lane, Purleigh.

  • FUL/MAL/18/00145 & LBC/MAL/18/00146 Proposed extension to existing public house with internal alterations and replacement doors and windows. The Bell Public House, The Street, Purleigh.

 

Between meetings Members had also considered a request from one of the applicants above to speak in favour of their application at committee.

 

In accordance with the policy agreed at the May 2017 Parish Council meeting (Min ref: 07/05/17) it had been agreed not to make any representation at the Committee meeting.

National Association of Local Councils (NALC): Government Consultation on unauthorised developments and encampments: Members noted that NALC had advised that the Government had launched a consultation on powers for dealing with unauthorised developments and encampments.

 

To inform its response on behalf of local government, NALC had asked Parish and Town Councils to send them their thoughts on twenty one questions on the subject by 25th May 2018. The questions were placed in the circulation folder so that Members could consider them prior to the May meeting.

 

6/04/18 HIGHWAY MATTERS

 

6.1/04/18 Speed enforcement in the parish: Members were reminded that at the December 2017 Parish Council meeting it had been agreed to set aside the sum of £367.20 in the precept 2018/2019 for Maldon District Council’s Community Protection Officers to carry out one hour ‘Tru-Cam’ speed enforcement in the parish per month.

 

It was agreed to ask the District Council to carry out a total of 12 hours speed enforcement in the parish per year in: Chelmsford Road, Fambridge Road, Hackmans Lane and Maldon Road, so that each road would enjoy the benefit of approximately 3 hours speed enforcement per year depending on the Community Protection Officers’ results. It was also agreed that the Clerk would forward the District Council the most recent speed surveys to inform the precise locations of their enforcement.

 

6.2/04/18 Other highway matters: Fallen tree, Bridleway 51 Purleigh through Kent Wood: Members noted and approved that as a result of a complaint from bridleway users, between meetings the Parish Council had reported a fallen tree mid-way along Bridleway 51 through Kent Wood to Essex County Council (reference number 2562042).

 

Members noted that the reference numbers provided by Essex County Council to enable faults to be tracked, didn’t always appear to be being retained on the system.

 

Road Closure: Members noted that Howe Green Road would be closed for one day on 30th April 2018 for carriageway patching.

 

Gateway, Purleigh Wash Farm, Fambridge Road: In response to a request from a parishioner it was agreed to ask Essex County Council to consider widening the entrance to Purleigh Wash Farm on the east side of Fambridge Road because when lorries turned left out of the farm gateway into Fambridge Road they either drove over the verge or temporarily drove on the wrong side of the road, which was particularly dangerous in this fast moving part of the highway network.

 

7/04/18 PLAYING FIELD AND OPEN SPACES

 

7.1/04/18 Children’s Play Area: Mr. Ash reported that he had carried out his usual weekly inspections of the Children’s Play Area and that and that all items of play equipment therein appeared to be in a satisfactory condition. The older pieces of play equipment did look in very sorry state however and were in need of replacement.

 

Mr. Oliver agreed to share some information with the Purleigh Community Fund, who were working on designs for a refurbished Children’s Play Area, about an excellent play area he had recently visited whilst in Germany. The equipment seen by Mr. Oliver had been simple, ingenious, lots of fun and had not appeared to be overly expensive to produce or install.

 

7.2/04/18 The treatment of moles in the Children’s play area: Given the apparently stable level of mole activity in the Children’s Play area it was agreed to continue to monitor the situation prior to taking any remedial action.

 

7.3/04/18 The disposal of grass cuttings on the playing field: In response to the Parish Council’s request that Purleigh Cricket Club removed their grass cuttings from the field after each cut, the Club explained that it didn’t have the capacity to do that. They suggested however that, other than for a couple of big early season cuts, the grass cuttings were just spread thinly onto parts of the outfield and then dealt with by the contractor.

 

It was agreed to ask the Cricket Club to ensure that the grass from the big early season cuts was placed on top of, rather than adjacent to, the existing piles to stop it spreading further into the field and to try the system the club had suggested, avoiding the croquet lawns, and then to review the results at the May Parish Council meeting.

 

Members also noted that the Cricket Club had carried out some pre-season working parties at the pavilion during which they had found a lot of damp in the pavilion garage which had caused widespread mould. Consequently, the club had cleared out the garage and cleaned the majority of the items with mould on them. They had also removed some invasive Ivy from the outside of the structure.

 

In addition, club members had cleared the playing field ditch of trees and branches that had fallen down in the winter and removed a layer of silt, rubbish and debris from the bottom.

 

It was agreed to arrange for the vegetation and fallen tree collected by the cricket club to be removed, and to suggest that to avoid further mould, the cricket club considered raising their items off the ground on a pallet for example and covering them with a breathable sheet whilst being stored in the garage, as the Parish Council hadn’t set aside any money in the precept 2018/2019 to restore the garage. The Cricket Club would have to dispose of the other rubbish they had collected, which included a fridge, at the local civic amenity centre.

 

The Parish Council would also explain to the cricket club the recent measures the Parish Council had already taken to improve the drainage of the playing field.

 

7.4/04/18 To approve the pavilion and playing field accounts for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018: Members noted and approved the pavilion and playing field accounts which showed that during the financial year ended 31st March 2018, income from the pavilion and playing field amounted to £5,359.30 and expenditure on the facilities totalled £6,777.75. This represented a deficit for the year of £1,418.45 but did not take into account money spent on insurance and grass cutting which amounted to an additional £3,831.69.

The Parish Council also noted that Woodham Athletic Football Club would only be running one team in the 2018/19 season (the Reserves) as the First Team was finishing. Consequently, the anticipated income from hiring the facilities in the 2018/19 financial year would be £640 less than anticipated in February when the Parish Council had set the letting fees for the year.

 

7.5/04/18 To receive a report of a Fire Inspection at the Pavilion: Members noted that the Chairman and Clerk had attended a fire inspection of the premises at the request of Essex Fire and Rescue Service at 2.15 p.m. on Thursday, 29th March 2018.

 

The firefighters carrying out the inspection had given the Pavilion a score of 8 which had made it ‘broadly compliant’. Marks had been lost because the Parish Council didn’t carry out evacuation drills, nor were Members or the Clerk trained in the use of the fire extinguishers. The Fire Service also recommended that the following action be taken.

 

  1. The Parish Council established maximum occupancy rates and controls, to be included in future letting agreements.

  2. The smoke alarm be tested monthly and the results recorded in the fire log.

 

The Chairman reported that he was liaising with Essex Fire and Rescue over the maximum occupancy rates and would be supplying Officers with a floor plan of the building and its relevant dimensions. He felt the maximum occupancy rate based on this information would be around fifty.

 

7.6/04/18 Pavilion security: Members were reminded that at the March meeting the Parish Council had noted that Mr. Bardwell had obtained the following quotation from Barry Bros Security for Members’ consideration (see Minute 7.2/01/18):

 

High Security Locks with Controlled Keys: There were two variants, an Automatic Rim Case Lock and a Mortice Hook Lock. Both were BS Graded and exceptionally strong, and were available from Barry Bros Security’s Trade Counter in Paddington.

 

The SC100 Mortice Deadlock at list - £215.00 plus VAT

 

The SC110 Automatic Rim Case Lock at list - £205.00 plus VAT

 

Additional Keys at point of order £14.00 plus VAT. (The Parish Council would need 40 keys).

 

It was agreed to purchase a SC 100 Mortice Deadlock at a cost of £215 plus VAT, but before placing the order Mr. Bardwell would ascertain from Barry Bros Security how many keys were supplied with the original lock and what, if any, discount would be available when purchasing up to 40 keys. Members would then consider charging prospective key holders a refundable deposit before issuing them with a key.

 

7.7/04/18 To consider changing electricity suppliers at the Pavilion: Members noted that the Parish Council’s fixed price energy plan would come to an end on 30th June 2018. By switching suppliers via exchange utility the Parish Council could, at the time of the meeting, save £32.00 per year.

 

Members also noted that electricity consumption in the pavilion had risen during the period 9th January to 3rd April 2018 from 193 kilowatt hours used in the previous quarter to 1,080 kilowatt hours (evening and weekend rate) and from 172 kilowatt hours to 548 kilowatt hours (normal rate), without obvious explanation.

 

The meter readings had been checked, the meter itself had only been installed in September and had been checked and therefore E-ON’s invoice in the sum of £235.07 plus VAT compared with £68.99 plus VAT the previous quarter appeared accurate.

 

It was agreed to monitor the situation and to retain E-ON as the Parish Council’s electricity supplier.

 

7.8/04/18 Other playing field and open space matters: Discretionary rate relief 2018/2019: Members noted that Maldon District Council had advised that the Parish Council’s application for non-domestic rate relief had been successful and as a result it would receive 100% discretionary rate relief on the pavilion until 1st April 2019. The total amount of rates due therefore for the forthcoming financial year was nil.

 

Posts on The Common adjacent to Howe Green Road: Members noted that the posts were rotting and therefore looked unsightly and were no longer really fit for purpose. It was agreed to approve the purchase of small Chestnut stakes from Peter Grimes up to a value of £200 between meetings. It was hoped that Chestnut posts would be longer lasting and more attractive than the existing.

 

8/04/18 The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR):

 

8.1/04/18 Getting ready for the introduction of the GDPR on 25th May 2018: Members noted that the EALC was running training courses on using NALC’s recently issued, ‘New Data Protection Laws - A GDPR Toolkit for Local Councils’ (February 2018). The half day morning courses would take place on 26th April and 3rd May 2018 in Great Dunmow.

 

Members noted that between meetings the Parish Council had been invited to accept the following draft offer from Maldon District Council to use the services of their Data Protection Officer:

 

‘ … Maldon District Council Draft Offer to Parishes for the services of Data Protection Officer:

The requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will become law on 25th May 2018 and replace the Data Protection Act 1998. All public bodies will need to be compliant with the requirements of GDPR by this date. The regulations require that each parish will need to appoint a Data Protection Officer. The DPO must operate independently and ‘be designated on the basis of professional qualities and, in particular, expert knowledge of data protection law and practices’.

 

For these reasons, the District Council believes it would not be possible for this role to be undertaken by the Parish Clerk. Since most parishes will either only have one member of staff, or may not have anyone who could fulfil the criteria of the DPO, it will offer the services of Maldon District Council’s DPO to parishes in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of GDPR. The District Council feels that a collaborative approach is to the benefit of all parishes, and ultimately to the residents of the district.

 

Below Maldon District Council has detailed its proposal to support the parishes and cover the costs incurred by MDC in doing so. The fee is set at full cost recovery.

 

The Offer

In order to try and make the share of costs proportional to the size of the parishes, the District Council has created the following annual fee structure based on the Council Tax Base for each parish. This offer is subject to approval by the Finance and Corporate Services Committee Meeting of the 19th April 2018.

 

Council Tax Base (dwellings)

Initial Consultation and review of documentation

In-year review meetings

Annual Subscription Charge

Hourly rate for any DPO work or requests

0 – 200

1 Hour

1* 1 Hour

£100

£50

201 – 1,000

2 Hours

1* 1 Hour

£150

£50

1,001 & over

2 Hours

2 * 1 Hour

£200

£50

 

Initial Consultation

The initial consultation will take the form of a discussion and ensure that the Parish has reviewed all types of data held. It will seek to confirm that each parish has policies and practices in place including; storage & destruction schedule/methods, review of policies, legal basis for processing and privacy notices.

 

The meeting will also ensure the Parish has a breach procedure in place so that any breaches are reported within the very strict time limits imposed by the regulations. The UK Regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), must be informed with 72 hours of an organisation becoming aware of a breach.

 

Where a parish does not have an appropriate policy in place, MDC can help to produce these documents chargeable at the hourly rate detailed above.

 

In-Year Reviews

The in-year review meeting(s) will include a basic ‘annual health check’ of data protection and include ensuring any changes in legislation or guidance are applied. There is no doubt that over the first two or three years of working under the requirements of GDPR, there will be some learning and modifications that need to be made based upon guidance and the findings of the ICO.

 

Ongoing Support

Whilst the offer above offers a formal framework so parishes know what is available if they take up this offer, ongoing support in the form of assisting with basic queries and questions is provided within the subscription up to a total of one hour’s support to individual Parish or Town Council. After this time services will be chargeable at the hourly rate detailed above.

 

The DPO will provide updates to the Parish Clerk’s Forums to discuss GDPR whilst it is still felt to be a topic worthy of discussion by the group.

 

The Data Protection Officer

Currently Maldon District Council has engaged an external consultant to prepare it for GDPR who is acting as its DPO. It would be appointing a permanent DPO in the longer-term. It would ensure that they were suitably qualified for the position and able to deliver the services in this offer to parishes.

 

Whilst the District Council wishes to offer this service, each town and parish must understand that they are the Data Controller for the purposes of GDPR and it is their responsibility to ensure they follow guidance and the requirements of GDPR. …

 

Having consulted all Members of the Parish Council it was agreed to accept the draft offer between meetings, as the District Council needed responses by 6th April 2018.

 

Members noted that Purleigh had a tax base of 556.2 so would be subject to a two hour initial consultation and review of documentation and 2 one hour in year review meetings at an annual subscription charge of £200 plus fees of £50 per hour for any DPO work or requests.

 

The Clerk distributed information leaflets and postcards produced by the Information Commissioner’s Office summarising the main provisions of the GDPR to Parish Councillors for their use and future reference when handling any personal data.

 

9/04/18 FINANCIAL MATTERS

 

9.1/04/18 To receive a Statement of Accounts for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018: It was unanimously agreed to approve the Statement of Accounts for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 as follows:

Statement of Accounts:

 

Receipts:

£84,522.86 Barclays Bank Plc:  

Payments:

£53,845.87    Current account £1,372.96 

 

     Business Premium Account £13,959.88

 

     Historic Buildings Fund £8,774.60

 

     Miss Pawsey’s Legacy £6,519.55

 

________ Petty Cash £50.00
  £30,676.99   £30,676.99

 

Bank Statements detailing the transactions in all four of the Parish Council’s bank accounts for the financial year 2017/2018 were available for Members’ inspection, as part of the internal audit process.

 

Members noted that John Smith-Day (Lambert Chapman LLP) would carry out the end of year independent audit at 12.30 p.m. on 16th May 2018.

 

9.2/04/18 To conduct a financial review 2018/2019: As part of the Parish Council’s internal audit process, Members received and considered a detailed breakdown of estimated income and expenditure for the period 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019.

 

9.3/04/18 To sign the payments and receipts account for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018: The Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer signed the payments and receipts account for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018.

 

9.4/04/18 To approve and sign the Bank reconciliation for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018: A bank reconciliation for the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 was carried out by the Chairman and approved by the Parish Council. The Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer signed the bank reconciliation for the financial year 2017/2018, prepared in accordance with audit requirements.

9.5/04/18 The external review of the Annual Governance and Accountability Returns for the year ending 31st March 2018: Members noted that PKF Littlejohn LLP had advised that Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd (SAAA) had appointed them the external auditor for Purleigh Parish Council for 5 years from 2017/2018. The deadline by which the Council’s completed and approved Annual Governance and Accountability Returns (AGAR) and all applicable supporting documentation should be submitted to them was Monday, 11th June 2018 so that they could carry out the annual audit of accounts.

In order to comply with the legal requirement to enable interested parties and local electors to exercise their rights with regard to the accounts, PKF Littlejohn had suggested Monday, 4th June 2018 to Friday, 13th July 2018 inclusive, as the dates between which interested parties could inspect the accounts and related documents and exercise their rights under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.

 

Members noted that on or before 1st June 2018 the Parish Council would display notices informing parishioners that the accounts would be available for inspection at 27 Anchor Reach, South Woodham Ferrers, from 4th June 2018 to 13th July 2018 inclusive (on reasonable notice by application to the Clerk). Under the Regulations this notice had to also be published on the Parish website alongside copies of the completed, but unaudited, sections 1 and 2 of part 3 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return and the Annual Internal Audit Report.

 

A copy of ‘Local Authority Accounts: A Summary of Your Rights’ would be displayed alongside each notice, as required by the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sections 26 and 27, and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234).

 

Members noted that under the new audit regime whereas in previous years the internal auditor’s report formed part of the annual return, now it was to be included in the list of documents to be submitted to the external auditor for their review. Furthermore, should in future years the Parish Council be randomly selected as part of the 5% of smaller authorities selected for intermediate level review procedures, or as a result of being identified as ‘at risk’, it would have to submit ‘separate internal audit reports received in relation to the year of account’. The Parish Council had always taken the completion of the annual return by its internal auditor as the annual internal audit report and the Chairman had received a letter from the internal auditor briefly outlining his findings after the half yearly audit.

 

It was agreed that if the Parish Council was chosen for intermediate audit it would argue that its existing documentation combined with the Parish Council’s internal audit policies and procedures plus its good record at audit was robust enough in a parish of Purleigh’s size and financial outlay to satisfy the requirements of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234).

 

9.6/04/18 To receive a report of receipts: Members received a report of the following receipts:

 

L. Back

Pavilion hire   £30.00
       

The Cirdan Trust

Pavilion hire   £35.00
       

The Whist Drive

Pavilion hire: January to March 2018   £156.00
       

PPFA

Pavilion hire 2017/18   £156.00
       

Table Tennis Club

Pavilion hire   £156.00
       

Jane Potter

Contribution to Clerk’s    

 

Telephone account   £70.00

 

    £603.00

 

9.7/04/18 To approve payment of accounts between meetings: Members noted and approved that the following accounts had been paid between meetings, adhering strictly to the procedures outlined in the Parish Council’s Financial Regulation 5.5.

 

Greenwood South Western

Rental - Allotment plots (Standing Order)   £5.00
       

All Saints Church 

Printing quarterly reports   £49.00
       

Maldon District Council

Community Protection Team services    

 

(Parking enforcement) £91.80  

 

VAT £18.36  

 

    £110.16

British Telecom’ Plc

Telephone account (Direct Debit) £215.73  

 

VAT £43.15  

 

    £258.88

 

    £423.04

 

9.8/04/18 To approve payment of accounts to hand and transfers between bank accounts: It was unanimously agreed to approve payment of the following accounts to hand:

 

Mrs. Jane Potter

Salary – March 2018 £1,226.00  
 

Less tax

£33.20  
 

National Insurance

£62.88  
 

And Pension Contributions

£71.11  
     

£1,058.81

       

H.M. Revenue & Customs

Tax £33.20  
 

National Insurance (employees)

£62.88  
 

National insurance (employers)

£72.31  

 

    £168.39
       

Essex Pensions Fund

Employee contributions    
 

(5.8% pensionable pay)

£71.11  
 

Employer contributions

   
 

(19.2% pensionable pay)

£235.39  
 

Administration charge

   
 

(8% employee contributions)

£5.68 £312.18
       

Mrs. R. Dilworth

Pavilion cleaning – March    

 

20 hours @ £7.50 per hour   £150.00
       

R. Rapley

Maintenance of the parish website    

 

January to March 2018   £65.00
       

 

     

EALC

Affiliation fee 2018/2019 £280.76  

NALC

Affiliation fee 2018/2019 £69.63  

 

    £350.39
       

EALC

Course fees: 2 delegates    

 

Re: CCTV Briefing @ £55 per delegate   £110.00
       

E-ON

Electricity Re Pavilion    

 

January to March £235.07  

 

VAT £11.75  

 

    £246.82
       

Maldon District Council

Community Protection Team services    
 

(Parking enforcement)

£35.70  
 

VAT

£7.14  

 

    £42.84
       

Essex Heritage Trust

Subscription 2018/2019   £25.00
       

 

     

A.G Macmorland

Grass cutting – March £250.00  

    Farming Partnership

VAT £50.00  

 

    £300.00
       

J.P. Ovel

Work in the parish – March    

 

1 Hour   £15.00
       

RBS Invoice Finance Ltd

Photocopying £31.00  

 

VAT £6.20  

 

    £37.20
       

Petty Cash

Postage   £5.04
       

EALC

Course Fees:    

 

1 delegate Chairman’s day 1   £85.00
       

 

     

 

     

The Information Commissioner

Data protection registration fee 2018/2019    

 

Z6664952   £35.00

 

    £3006.67

 

Transfers: Members noted and approved the following bank transfer:

 

  1. On 11th April 2018 the sum of £3,013.71 had been transferred from the Business Premium Account (80731099) to the Community Current Account (40731080) to cover payment of the accounts paid at the Parish Council meeting held on 13th April 2018 above and leave approximately £1,500 in the current account.

 

10/04/18 CORRESPONDENCE

 

Essex County Council

Ward Members’ report: Members noted that Penny Channer had forwarded the Parish Council a further report on the most recent work of Essex County Council. Her report was placed in the circulation folder for Members’ information.

 

Mid Essex Hospital Services

Invitation to become involved: Members noted that the Chairman of the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Nick Alston, had asked the EALC to assist in sending Parish Councils a briefing note for onward communication to local residents. This action had been agreed at a recent meeting at Broomfield Hospital attended by representatives of thirteen local councils where Mr. Alston had explained some of the proposed changes in the management of local hospitals and how councils might, in a novel approach, become directly involved in ensuring there was a degree of democratic oversight of the new arrangements. In the short term this could be through local councils delegating representatives to attend meetings with the hospital management; and then also helping ‘spread the word’ among local residents, inviting them to sign up as ‘members’ of the Hospital and perhaps in due course standing as candidates for election as Governors of what was likely to be a new Foundation Trust covering Mid Essex, Basildon and Southend Hospitals.

 

The contents of the briefing note were noted by Members and it was agreed to forward it on to the editor of the Parish Magazine.

 

11/04/18 POINTS OF INFORMATION

 

Members were reminded that the Annual Parish Meeting would be held on Thursday, 26th April 2018. Refreshments would be provided by the Clerk, and Mr. Rayner kindly volunteered to make the teas and coffees.

 

Mr. Ash reported that the defibrillator had been installed at Fairfields, and updated the Parish Council on his negotiations with the Post Office.

 

Mr. Bardwell reported that he would be soon be attending to the remedial works required to the Memorials in the closed Churchyard and would liaise with the Chairman and the Church Warden accordingly.

 

CRIME AND DISORDER ACT 1988 (SECTION 17)

 

Consideration was given to the crime and disorder implications of all decisions made at this meeting.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05 p.m.