MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PURLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL,

HELD IN THE WELLS PAVILION, HOWE GREEN ROAD,

ON THURSDAY, 13th APRIL 2017, AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Members present: Mr. G. Strathern (Chairman), Mr. N. Arthur, Mr. C. Ash, Mr. S. Bardwell, Mr. S. Potter.

 

Also in attendance: Mrs. Jane Potter (Clerk).

 

Thirteen members of the public (including three children) attended the open session prior to the start of the meeting as did Mr. John Archer and Miss Sue White (District Council Ward Members) and Mrs. Penny Channer (County Council Ward Member).

 

Part of the meeting was attended by ten members of the public.

 

1/04/17 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

Apologies were received from Mr. B. Oliver and Mr. G. Rayner who were unable to attend the meeting due to prior personal commitments.

 

2/04/17 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS (Localism Act 2011)

 

There were no new declarations of interest made, nor were there any applications for dispensations from the provisions of the Localism Act 2011.

 

3/04/17 THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF PURLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 10TH MARCH 2017 having been circulated to all Members, were approved, and signed by the Chairman.

 

4/04/17 TO DISCUSS ANY MATTERS OF INFORMATION ARISING FROM THOSE MINUTES:

 

4.1/04/17 Clerk: The Clerk did not have any matters arising from the March 2017 meeting to report to the Parish Council.

 

4.2/04/17 Members’: Members did not have any matters arising from the March 2017 meeting to discuss.

 

5/04/17 PLANNING MATTERS

 

5.1/04/17 Decisions taken between meetings: HOUSE/MAL/17/00259 Extension and alterations to garage and amendments to vehicular access. Meadowview, Maldon Road, Latchingdon. Mr. and Mrs. Ebbersen.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

HOUSE/MAL/17/00184 Provision of a vehicle crossing onto the B1010, and both off street and covered parking, in the form of an open cart lodge and permeable paving driveway. Increase the existing roof pitch from 25 degrees to 35 degrees, as the existing roof is leaking and needs replacing. Brights Villa, Chelmsford Road, Purleigh. Mr. Paul Norris.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

HOUSE/MAL/17/00185 Provision of a vehicle crossing onto the B1010, and both off street and covered parking, in the form of an open cart lodge and permeable paving driveway. Glenville, Chelmsford Road, Purleigh. Mr. Paul Norris.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

HOUSE/MAL/17/00279 Proposed single storey rear extension with flat roof. Proposed cottage style dormer and velux windows to first floor flank elevation loft space. Montrose, Birchwood Road, Cock Clarks. Mr. Gavin Holmes.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

5.2/04/17 Current applications: HOUSE/MAL/17/00299 One and a half storey side extension to existing residential annex. Oakfields House, Hackmans Lane, Purleigh. Mr. & Mrs. Brown.

 

The contents of a letter from a parishioner OBJECTING to this application were noted by Members.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED REFUSAL, on the following grounds:

  1. If approved, the development would represent an inappropriate enlargement of the annex which would effectively create an independent dwelling in the open countryside which was not ancillary to the enjoyment of the main dwelling.

  2. The application did not enhance the character and sustainability of the original dwelling and surrounding area and was not of an appropriate scale or design. The proposal if permitted would also be detrimental to the surrounding landscape, contrary to Policy H4 of the submitted Local Development Plan 2014 – 2029 and Policy BE6 of the Maldon District Replacement Local Plan

  3. The cumulative effect of the proposed development, by reason of its scale, bulk, siting and encroachment into the rural area would result in a disproportionate and dominant form of development that would cause significant harm to the character and appearance of the rural area, and would be an unwelcome visual intrusion into the open countryside. The proposal was therefore considered to conflict with Policies S2, BE1, CC6, CC7 and CC23 of the adopted Maldon District Replacement Local Plan, Policies S1, S8 and D1 of the submitted Local Development Plan and the requirement for good design contained within the National Planning Policy Framework.

FUL/MAL/17/00300 Construction of a new dwelling. Rear garden of The Old Post Office, Church Hill, Purleigh. Mr. & Mrs. Gilbey.

 

The contents of a letter from a parishioner OBJECTING to this application were noted by Members, as were his further verbal comments about the application. The applicant, who was also present, explained that this dwelling was lower and further away from Novoli than previous applications, including that refused planning permission by Maldon District Council in March 2015 (FUL/MAL/14/01230).

 

Some Members expressed concern about the design, scale and visual impact of the proposed dwelling which they felt was not in keeping with the rural street scene. It was acknowledged however that the site lay within the development boundary and that the Parish Council had recommended approval of a previous application for a larger dwelling (FUL/MAL/14/01230) which it had believed was sustainable and did not conflict with Policy H4 of the Maldon District Pre-Submission Local Development Plan 2014 - 2029.

On being put to the vote, the Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL, there being three votes in favour and two against.

 

OUT/MAL/17/00319 Construction of two dwellings in replacement of the existing dwelling, Park House, Maldon Road, Latchingdon. Mr. Ian Maher.

 

The contents of two letters from Parishioners OBJECTING to this application were noted by Members.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED REFUSAL on the following grounds:

 

  1. The plans submitted still contained inaccurate measurements and were therefore misleading

  2. The application, if permitted, would lead to overdevelopment of the site, which was only suitable for one modest dwelling in keeping with the existing street scene. Such overdevelopment would therefore be detrimental to the character of the area, the street scene and its residents, and to the locality in general, contrary to Policies D1 and H4 of the Maldon District Pre-submission Local Development Plan 2014 – 2029, the latter of which stated that any proposed replacement dwelling should be of ‘an appropriate scale to the plot and its setting in the landscape’

  3. The proposed development by reason of its siting and scale would result in cramped and contrived development out of character with other properties in the vicinity contrary to Policy BE1 and CC6 of the Maldon District Replacement Local Plan, Policy H4 of the Maldon District Pre-submission Local Development Plan 2014 – 2029 and guidance contained within the National Planning Policy Framework

  4. The access arrangements for the proposed dwellings would be detrimental to highway safety, given the site’s proximity to the Mapledean Industrial Estate opposite and the nature and topography of Maldon Road.

  5. The development, if allowed to proceed, would be harmful to the amenity of the surrounding area and most importantly that of neighbouring property owners contrary to Policy D1 of the Maldon District Pre-submission Local Development Plan 2014 – 2029.

 

OUT/MAL/17/00350 Outline planning permission with some matters reserved for the demolition of dwelling granted through application LDE/16/01289 and construction of replacement dwelling, with new access, outline matters of access, siting and scale considered. Annexe, Oakbridge, Marlpits Road, Purleigh.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

HOUSE/MAL/17/00361 Proposed garage extension and roof conversion (2nd application under 16/00965/HOUSE). Arundel House, Lower Burnham Road, Latchingdon. Mr. Steve Jones.

 

The Parish Council RECOMMENDED APPROVAL.

 

5.3/03/17 Notification of appeals:

 

Town and Country Planning Act 1990 Appeal under s78.

Appeal by: Mr. M. King

Site address: Oakfield Farm, Hyde Chase, Purleigh

Appeal reference No: APP/X1545/W/17/3166779

Application Ref: FUL/MAL/16/00657

Appeal start date: 23rd March 2017

Proposal: Change of use of agricultural building to B1 light industrial use.

 

Members noted that an Appeal had been made to the Secretary of State against the District Council’s decision not to grant planning permission for the above development.

 

Town and Country Planning Act 1990 Appeal under s174.

Appeal by: Mr. G.C. Wilson. Mr. M. Wilson and Tracey Gibbons

Site address: Little Wood Place, Fambridge Road, Mundon

Appeal reference No: APP/X/1545C/16/3160577, APP/X/1545C/16/3167980, APP/X/1545C/16/3167995,

APP/X/1545C/16/3160595, APP/X/1545C/16/3167982, APP/X/1545C/16/3167997, APP/X/1545C/16/3160599,

APP/X/1545C/16/3167984, APP/X/1545C/16/3167998, APP/X/1545C/16/3160641, APP/X/1545C/16/3167987,

and APP/X/1545C/16/3168002,

Enforcement Refs: ENF/14/00074/02, ENF/14/00074/03, ENF/14/00074/04 and ENF/14/00074/05

Appeal start date: 23rd March 2017

 

Members noted that an Appeal had been made to the Secretary of State against Enforcement Notices issued by Maldon District Council concerning alleged breaches of planning control relating to, without planning permission the:

 

  1. ‘Unauthorised material change of use of part of the land to a mixed use comprising agricultural use, storage use, including the storage of a caravan, boats, oil-tanks, machinery, jet-skis, vehicles, building and other materials, items and tools, use as a caravan site and use to deposit refuse or waste materials, such as disused building materials, broken pallets, disused pieces of metal, wood and plastic, disused domestic items’.

  2. ‘Unauthorised material change of use of part of the land to a mixed use comprising use to deposit domestic refuse or waste materials, such as disused building materials, disused domestic items, pieces of metal, wood and plastic, and storage use, including the storage of oil-tanks, machinery, jet-skis, vehicles, building and other materials, item and tools’

  3. ‘Unauthorised material change of use of part of the land to a mixed use comprising residential use (use class C3) and storage use for a prefabricated building and the operational development resulting from the degree of permanency of the building’ and the;

  4. ‘Unauthorised material change of use of part of the land to a mixed use comprising residential use (use class C3), use to deposit refuse or waste materials such as disused building materials, disused domestic items, pieces of metal, wood and plastic, and storage use, including the storage of a container and the operational development resulting from the degree of permanency of the container.’

 

Members noted that the Appeals would be determined on the basis of an enquiry and that any comments had to be received in triplicate by the Planning Inspectorate by 4th May 2017.

 

5.4/04/17 Maldon District Council planning decisions: Members noted that Maldon District Council had APPROVED the following planning applications:

 

  • FUL/MAL/16/01385 Proposed agricultural workers dwelling. Land Adjacent Lower Barn Farm, Roundbush Road

  • FUL/MAL/16/1426 Retrospective – Two brick piers, five bar gate and entrance fence panels. Oakfield Farm, Hyde Chase

  • FUL/MAL/16/01470 Vary condition 2 of approved planning application FUL/MAL/12/00929. Land rear of Greenvale, Chelmsford Road

  • LDE/MAL/17/00012 Claim for a Lawful Development Certificate for the existing residential use Dwelling Adjacent Brook House, Spar Lane

  • FUL/MAL/17/00046 Variation of conditions 3, 8, 9, 10 & 11 of planning permission FUL/MAL/12/00498 (Change of use of outbuildings to a 4 bedroom residential dwelling including a new link and conservatory and change of use of detached annexe to separate 2 bedroom residential dwelling). Novoli Farm, Pump Lane

  • FUL/MAL/17/00015 Variation of condition 3 and condition 5 on approved planning permission FUL/MAL/15/00050 (Change of use of barn to B1 offices – resubmission of FUL/MAL/14/00801. The Barn, Fambridge Road

  • HOUSE/MAL/17/00133 Infill glazing to original garage doors. Purleigh Grange, Chelmsford Road.

5.5/04/17 Other planning matters: Maldon District Local Development Plan Consultation: The Parish Council noted that Maldon District Council was undertaking consultation on the following documents relating to the Maldon District Local Development Plan:

  1. Post-Examination Main Modifications to the Maldon District Local Development Plan

  2. Sustainability Appraisal Report Update

Comments were also being sought on the District Council’s Response to Actions from the Examination (January 2017) on the following:

  • Neighbourhood Plans Summary (January 2017)

  • Housing Trajectory and Infrastructure Delivery Plan Update (February 2017)

  • Rural Employment Allocations Evidence Base (February 2017)

  • Updated Retail Study Evidence (February 2017)

It was agreed not to comment further on the above documents relating to the Maldon District Local Development Plan.

 

Removal of roadside hedge, New Hall Vineyard, Chelmsford Road: Following complaints from parishioners, it was agreed to write to Maldon District Council and Essex County Council regarding the removal of the roadside hedge at New Hall Vineyard without planning permission, and the erection of a fence which Members believed may be encroaching onto the highway.

 

6/04/17 HIGHWAY MATTERS

 

6.1/04/17 Temporary road closure B1010 Fambridge Road, Purleigh for carriageway repairs: Members noted that Essex County Council intended to close the B1010 Fambridge Road from its junction with the B1018 Cold Norton Road to its junction with Blind Lane, a distance of approximately 2,566 metres within an eighteen month period commencing 1st April 2017. Diversion routes would be signed at each location and residents would be informed of the dates via letter, leaflet drop and advanced warning signs on the road.

6.2/04/17 Other highway matters: Drainage, The Lilacs, Hackmans Lane: Members noted that raw sewage was leaking into The Lilacs’ garden from the pipe in the adjacent field ditch. The landowner had tried to dig the ditch out but hadn’t had the strength to sort out the levels or add an extension on to the pipe to take the effluent away from their property. This was a last resort, having spoken to whom they believed was the landowner, the Environmental Health Department and Highways. According to the property owner with the warmer weather upon us the smell was already unpleasant, bordering on unbearable, with attendant flies, they had therefore asked if there was anything the Parish Council could do to help.

 

It was agreed to ask Maldon District Council’s Environmental Health Department to investigate and take appropriate remedial action.

 

Pot hole, outside Walton Hall, Walton Hall Lane: It was agreed to report a large pot hole outside Walton Hall, Walton Hall Lane, CM3 6PS, to Essex County Council and to ask them to repair it as soon as possible.

 

Damaged Give Way Sign, junction of Burnham Road with Mundon Road: It was agreed to report the damaged Give way Sign at this junction to Essex County Council and to ask for its reinstatement as soon as possible.

 

7/04/17 PLAYING FIELD AND OPEN SPACES

 

7.1/04/17 Children’s Play Area: Insurance settlement and to decide between the three quotations received for new equipment and safety surfacing:

 

Members noted that Mr. Ash, the Chairman, Mr. Bardwell, Mr. Potter and the Clerk had met with Rachel Moore, Mary-Anne Jackson and Julie Binder at the Children’s Play Area on Thursday, 16th March to discuss the quotations received from Playcubed, Playscene and Sovereign to ascertain which scheme the parents felt would be the most suitable. The parents had taken the quotations away to discuss them with some other users of the children’s play area and had subsequently advised the Parish Council that they had formed a committee called the "Purleigh Community Fund" so that they could fundraise for new play equipment and other projects in the future.

 

Regarding the three quotations under review, the Purleigh Community Fund felt that ideally it would not choose any of the options offered, as similar equipment existed outside the play area and at Purleigh School.

 

If the Parish Council had to choose one of the quotes exactly as provided, the committee would opt for the Playscene option as it offered the most differentiation from the existing playground equipment, however it would prefer to use Sovereign which was a local company. If Sovereign could install an alternative piece of equipment which was similar to Playscene’s proposal this would be the committee’s preferred option.

 

Members noted that the most similar piece of equipment Sovereign offered was their Activity Climbing Frame.

 

It was agreed to accept Playscene’s quotation but to ask the company how much money would be saved if the Parish Council arranged for the removal of the damaged equipment to ground level.

 

Drugs paraphernalia: Members noted that the PPFA had reported finding empty metal gas canisters and what they assumed to be other drugs paraphernalia in front of the pavilion.

 

It was agreed to report this matter to the Police.

 

7.2/04/17 The treatment of moles in the Children’s play area: Mr. Ash reported that since PG Groundcare’s intervention there were about 70% less moles in the Children’s Play Area.

 

7.3/04/17 To approve the pavilion and playing field accounts for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017: Members noted that during the financial year ended 31st March 2017, income from the pavilion and playing field had amounted to £5,246.62 and expenditure on the facilities had totalled £9,771.75. This represented a deficit for the year of £4,525.13 but did not take into account money spent on insurance and grass cutting which had amounted to an additional £2,994.84.

7.4/04/17 Broken water heater in the pavilion: Mr. Arthur reported that Mr. Rayner had arranged for the PCP board from the Marco Water boiler to be checked, but that when it had been reinstalled there remained a fault with the boiler relating to the water valve. Mr. Arthur kindly agreed to investigate further. Mr. Arthur and Mr. Rayner were thanked very much for their continuing efforts to get the water boiler repaired.

 

7.5/04/17 Other playing field and open space matters: Incident at the allotments: Members noted details of an altercation at the allotments on 12th March 2017 which had been overheard by neighbouring property owners. As the Parish Council had only heard from the complainant, it was agreed that the Chairman and Vice Chairman would meet with the other party and also talk to the neighbouring property owners so that Members could discuss the matter again when they had heard all versions of the incident.

 

Hiring fees for the 2017 season, Purleigh Cricket Club: Members noted that Josh Taylor (Purleigh Cricket Club) had passed on the thanks of his committee to the Parish Council for reaching a sensible position and also for its one off contribution to the club of £125. Mr. Taylor believed that given the Club’s financial situation, moving away from a block booking was the right thing for both organisations.

 

Discretionary rate relief 2017/2018: Members noted that Maldon District Council had advised that the Parish Council’s application for non-domestic rate relief had been successful and as a result it would receive 100% discretionary rate relief on the Pavilion until 1st April 2018. The total amount of rates due therefore for the forthcoming financial year was nil.

 

8/04/17 CHANGES TO THE PARISH WEBSITE

 

Members noted that between meetings Easyspace had informed the Parish Council that the server that ran the parish website was currently running an older operating system that ran Microsoft FrontPage Extensions. Microsoft no longer supported FrontPage and as a result Easyspace couldn’t guarantee the security and stability of the server.

 

To avoid any problems, Mr. Rapley, (who administered the parish website on behalf of the Parish Council) had developed another website on the software used by many other parish councils. This was hosted by Essex County Council, was free of charge, was simpler to use and there was no need for any additional software such as FrontPage which was now not supported.

 

Members noted that Mr. Rapley would welcome any comments about the design and layout of the new website and had asked for more photographs to enhance the site. Members noted that the purleigh.com domain name would be linked to the new website and that Mr. Rapley had not charged the Parish Council for developing the new site.

 

It was also noted that the use of Essex County Council as the host avoided the need for the Parish Council to pay Easyspace for their hosting service although the Parish Council would still need them to manage the biannual renewal of the domain name.

 

Members agreed to provide Mr. Rapley with some scenic photographs for the site.

 

9/04/17 FINANCIAL MATTERS

 

9.1/04/17 To receive a Statement of Accounts for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017: It was unanimously agreed to approve the Statement of Accounts for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017 as follows:

Statement of Accounts: 

Receipts:

£79,515.49 Barclays Bank Plc:  

Expenditure

£45,089.39    Business Premium Account £7,345.04
       Current account £1,603.77

 

     Historic Buildings Fund £8,768.69

 

     Miss Pawsey’s Legacy £16,658.60
 

________

Petty Cash £50.00

 

£34,426.10   £34,426.10

 

Bank Statements detailing the transactions in all four of the Parish Council’s bank accounts for the financial year 2016/2017 were available for Members’ inspection, as part of the internal audit process.

 

Members noted that John Smith-Day (Lambert Chapman LLP) would carry out the end of year independent audit at 12.30 p.m. on Monday, 15th May 2017.

 

9.2/04/17 To conduct a financial review 2017/2018: As part of the Parish Council’s internal audit process, Members received a detailed breakdown of receipts and payments for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017, and considered and approved estimates of income and expenditure for the financial year 2017/2018.

9.3/04/17 To sign the payments and receipts account for the year ended 31st March 2017: The Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer signed the Payments and Receipts account for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017.

9.4/04/17 Bank reconciliation: A bank reconciliation for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017 was carried out by the Chairman and approved by the Parish Council. The Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer signed the bank reconciliation for the financial year 2016/2017, prepared in accordance with audit requirements.

9.5/04/17 The external review of the Annual Return for the year ending 31st March 2017: Members noted that PKF Littlejohn LLP had advised that the Parish Council’s Annual Return should be completed and returned to them by 12th June 2017 so that they can carry out the annual audit of accounts.

In order to comply with the legal requirement to enable interested parties and local electors to exercise their rights with regard to the accounts, PKF Littlejohn had suggested Monday, 5th June 2017 to Friday, 14th July 2017 inclusive, as the dates between which interested parties could inspect the accounts and related documents and exercise their rights under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.

 

Members noted that on or before 2nd June 2017 the Parish Council would display notices informing parishioners that the accounts would be available for inspection at The Shrubberies, 27 Anchor Reach, South Woodham Ferrers, from 5th June 2017 to 14th July 2017 inclusive (on reasonable notice by application to the Clerk).

 

A copy of ‘Local Authority Accounts: A Summary of Your Rights’ would be displayed alongside each notice, as required by the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sections 26 and 27, and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234).

 

9.6/04/17 to receive a report of receipts: Members received a report of the following receipts:

 

 

PPFA

Pavilion hire 2016/2017 £156.00
     

Nina Fotara (Kalma)

Pavilion hire £112.50
     

Table-tennis club 

Pavilion hire £156.00
     

South Woodham Ferrers

Pavilion hire for the 2016/2017 season £640.00

Football Club

   
     

Jane Potter

Contribution to Clerk’s  

 

Telephone account £70.00

 

  £1,134.50
     

 

9.7/04/17 To approve payment of accounts between meetings: Members noted and approved that the following accounts had been paid between meetings, adhering strictly to the procedures outlined in the Parish Council’s Financial Regulation 5.5.

  

Greenwood South Western

Rental - Allotment plots (Standing Order)   £5.00
       

Maldon District Council

Ranger services    
  (Parking enforcement) £151.50  
  VAT £30.30  
      £181.80
       

All Saints Church

Printing   £50.00
       

British Telecom’ Plc

Telephone account (Direct Debit) £194.94  
  VAT £38.99  
      £233.93
      £470.73

 

9.8/04/17 To approve payment of accounts to hand and transfers between bank accounts: It was unanimously agreed to approve payment of the following accounts to hand:

 

Mrs. Jane Potter

Salary – March 2017 £1,200.00  
 

Less tax

£34.20  
 

National Insurance

£62.40  
 

And Pension Contributions

£69.60  

 

    £1,033.80
       

H.M. Revenue & Customs

Tax £34.20  
 

National Insurance (employees)

£62.40  
 

National insurance (employers)

£71.76  

 

    £168.36
       

Essex Pensions Fund

Employee contributions    
 

(5.8% pensionable pay)

£69.60  
 

Employer contributions

   
 

(16.7% pensionable pay)

 £200.40  
 

Administration charge

   
 

(8% employee contributions)

£5.57  

 

    £275.57
       

Mrs. R. Dilworth

Pavilion cleaning – March    

 

20 hours @ £7.25 per hour   £145.00
       

POPHA

Colchester CVS Maldon Transport    

 

Subscription 2017/2018   £30.00
       

J.P. Ovel

Work in the parish February and March    

 

2 hours @ £15.00 per hour   £30.00
       

PG Groundcare Ltd

Rodenating mole hills and tunnels £110.00  

 

VAT £22.00  

 

    £132.00

R. Rapley

Maintenance of the parish website    

 

January to March 2017   £65.00
       

A.G. Macmorland

Grasscutting – March £590.00  

   Farming Partnership

VAT £118.00  

 

    £708.00
       

Essex Heritage Trust

Subscription 2017/2018   £25.00
       

S.P. Bardwell Ltd

Photocopying – March £31.26  

 

VAT £6.25  

 

    £37.51
       

EALC

Affiliation fee 2017/2018 £268.78  

NALC 

Affiliation fee 2017/2018 £65.89  

 

    £334.67
       

 

     

PPFA 

Donation to the Table-Tennis Club    

 

to repay its loan from the PPFA for the purchase    

 

of two new tables   £272.50
       

Petty Cash Postage

    £3.30
       

E-ON

Electricity – Pavilion £158.08  

 

VAT £7.90  

 

    £165.98

 

    £3,426.69

 

Transfers: Members noted and approved the following bank transfer:

 

  1. On 11th April 2017 the sum of £2,521.94 had been transferred from the Business Premium Account (80731099) to the Community Current Account (40731080) to cover payment of the accounts to be paid at the Parish Council meeting held on 13th April 2017 and leave approximately £1,500 in the current account.

 

10/04/17 CORRESPONDENCE

 

The Local Council Police Conference 2017

Members noted that the EALC and Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex were hosting this event on Wednesday, 7th June 2017 between 10.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. in The Foakes Hall, Great Dunmow at a cost of £25 per delegate. The keynote speaker would be Roger Hirst, Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex and this year’s topics would include a presentation by the Chief Constable, Stephen Cavanagh, Operation Buzzard and a traveller update.

 

Housing White Paper: Fixing our broken housing market

A copy of the consultation paper was placed in the circulation folder for Members’ Information.

 

11/04/17 POINTS OF INFORMATION

 

Members were reminded that the Annual Parish Meeting would be held on Thursday, 27th April 2017. Refreshments would be provided by the clerk as usual and it was agreed to ask Mrs. Pauline Potter to make the teas and coffees.

 

CRIME AND DISORDER ACT 1988 (SECTION 17)

 

Consideration was given to the crime and disorder implications of all decisions made at this meeting.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.14 p.m.